The Milwaukee office of The Opus Group and the Opus Foundation today announced grants of more than $200,000 to support 14 southeastern Wisconsin non-profit organizations.
“Community stewardship has been a priority of the Opus organization for more than 60 years,” said Julie Ledger, vice president and general manager of Opus Development Company, L.L.C.’s Milwaukee Office. “Opus is proud to support our community through these nonprofit organizations.”
The Opus Foundation awards grants in two categories, the Impact Fund and the Opportunity Fund. The Impact Fund supports strategic investments in human and community development and the Opus Opportunity Fund is designed to meet pressing and emerging needs in communities where Opus does business.
Recipients of the Impact Fund are Boys & Girls Club of Greater Milwaukee, Habitat for Humanity, Notre Dame Middle School, Schools that Can Milwaukee, and the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee.
Recipients of the Opportunity Fund are COA Youth & Family Centers, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast, Guest House of Milwaukee, Lake Valley Camp, LISC Milwaukee, Milwaukee Montessori School, Real Estate Alliance for Charity (REACH), Rebuilding Together and The Lutheran Home.
This year’s grant recipients have a number of diverse missions and causes, including but not limited to childhood education programs, financial aid for low income families and targeted neighborhood revitalization efforts. Additionally, the grants will help repair homeless shelters, school playgrounds and classrooms.
About the Opus Foundation
The Opus Foundation® awards approximately $1 million annually to projects and programs that build Opus communities and make them better places to live, work and raise families. The Foundation supports non-profit organizations in areas of early childhood education, youth development, workforce and employment training, and community revitalization.
About The Opus Group
The Opus Group® is a family of national commercial real estate companies headquartered in Minneapolis, with expertise in development, project management and construction, architecture and engineering, finance, sales and leasing. The Opus Group includes Opus Holding, L.L.C. and its operating subsidiaries; Opus Development Company, L.L.C., Opus Design Build, L.L.C. and Opus AE Group, L.L.C. Specializing in office, industrial, retail, residential living, institutional and government projects, The Opus Group has broad capabilities, deep experience and a proven design-build model that delivers solutions for customers on time and on budget. For more information, visit www.opus-group.com.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Marquette student from Menomonee Falls "Plays it forward" in support of Youth Sports Camp
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- The 17th Annual Menomonee Falls Civil War Event includes the Ice Cream Social on July 16-17, 2016 at Old Falls Village.
- Antique and Classic Car Show to be Held at LindenGrove