The wonders of using social media for business -- more customers, better leads, qualified employee candidates and the ability to listen, react and build business more efficiently than ever before. Businesses have found success by hitting the right notes on social media.
But what about the risks? A disgruntled employee or customer who posts to your site, issues concerning copyright infringement, defamation, confidentiality and labor practices are just some of the hazards of navigating on the net.
Join the Sussex Area Chamber of Commerce (SACC) at its Feb. 27 Lunch & Learn where experts will help you sort it all out at “Social Networking: The DOs and DON’Ts of the Business World.” It will be held in the Quad/Graphics Room of the Pauline Haass Public Library, N64W23820 Main Street, Sussex. Cost is $15 for members and $20 for nonmembers.
• The DOs will be represented by Sussex Area Chamber of Commerce President and My Virtual Project (MVP) business partner Chuck Schuele. In addition to his current role as social media consultant at MVP, Schuele’s career in technology spans 33 years and has taught social media classes at WCTC.
• Providing the DON’Ts will be attorney-shareholder with the Schroeder Group S.C., Linda Meagher. Meagher brings 25 years of litigation experience including personal injury, business and insurance coverage cases -- representing both plaintiffs and defense.
Social media is ever changing and becoming more pervasive. Learn how to protect yourself, your employees and businesses at this SACC event. Go to the SACC website at www.sussexareachamber.org to register online or call the SACC office at (262) 246-4940.
As a business membership organization, the Sussex Area Chamber of Commerce encourages ongoing economic development by creating a positive business environment. The chamber promotes the economic, civic, cultural and education interests of the community through partnerships with members and community leaders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words