The wonders of using social media for business -- more customers, better leads, qualified employee candidates and the ability to listen, react and build business more efficiently than ever before. Businesses have found success by hitting the right notes on social media.
But what about the risks? A disgruntled employee or customer who posts to your site, issues concerning copyright infringement, defamation, confidentiality and labor practices are just some of the hazards of navigating on the net.
Join the Sussex Area Chamber of Commerce (SACC) at its Feb. 27 Lunch & Learn where experts will help you sort it all out at “Social Networking: The DOs and DON’Ts of the Business World.” It will be held in the Quad/Graphics Room of the Pauline Haass Public Library, N64W23820 Main Street, Sussex. Cost is $15 for members and $20 for nonmembers.
• The DOs will be represented by Sussex Area Chamber of Commerce President and My Virtual Project (MVP) business partner Chuck Schuele. In addition to his current role as social media consultant at MVP, Schuele’s career in technology spans 33 years and has taught social media classes at WCTC.
• Providing the DON’Ts will be attorney-shareholder with the Schroeder Group S.C., Linda Meagher. Meagher brings 25 years of litigation experience including personal injury, business and insurance coverage cases -- representing both plaintiffs and defense.
Social media is ever changing and becoming more pervasive. Learn how to protect yourself, your employees and businesses at this SACC event. Go to the SACC website at www.sussexareachamber.org to register online or call the SACC office at (262) 246-4940.
As a business membership organization, the Sussex Area Chamber of Commerce encourages ongoing economic development by creating a positive business environment. The chamber promotes the economic, civic, cultural and education interests of the community through partnerships with members and community leaders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Optimist Club Fall Clean Up
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- Prohibition Movie and Program at the Falls Library