The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls is pleased to announce the availability of nine scholarships for graduating seniors from Menomonee Falls High School and/or residents of Menomonee Falls graduating from other high schools.
Applicants must have served in a voluntary capacity to be eligible for an Optimist Scholarship.
Applications and information regarding the essay requirement may be found on the school website at http://www.sdmf.schoolfusion.us. Click on Student Services on home page, and then Local Scholarships. . Make sure to print the special form for the Optimist Club.
Completed applications and supporting documentation must be returned to the MFHS Student Services Department no later than March 27, 2013.
For more information about the scholarships, please call Cathy Hazzard, 255-8700.
Last year the Optimist Club awarded $11,000 in scholarships. The motto of the Optimist Club is “Friend of Youth” and “Bringing out the Best in Kids”. Many community events are sponsored by the Optimist club such as the Independence Day Parade, Fishing Derby, Adopt A Highway, Leaf Raking for Senior Citizens, and many more.
Some of the youth projects the club sponsors are Post Prom, Distinguished Young Woman, Student of the Month, Tri Star Baseball, Tri Star Basketball and many scholarship opportunities.
The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls meets every Wednesday morning at 7:15 in room 102 of the Menomonee Falls Community Center, N8645 Margaret Road.
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities
- Appalachian Story Teller Jessica Michna at the Falls Library
- A Parent’s Guide to Prom Flowers
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Walk MS Menomonee Falls is this Saturday!
- Kersti Niebruegge author of The Zonderling
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio
- Community Volunteer Opportunities