Jim and Debbie Hunton, authors and historians of the popular fantasy role-playing game, Dungeons & Dragons, are creating a Museum of Dungeons & Dragons, the first museum dedicated to the game.
Although the museum’s location has not been determined, the creators have chosen four possible destinations: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin; Orlando, Florida; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Seattle, Washington. Supporters of the museum and fans of the game will be invited to determine the final location.
The museum will include displays about the history, trivia, and evolution of the game. In addition, the museum will include a reference library containing the Dungeons & Dragons game in book format. Books will be available for checkout both physically and electronically.
Fans of the game are invited to contribute to planning the museum by participating in an internet survey at http://MuseumOfDnd.blog.com/2012/01/22/Survey.
News about the museum’s creation can be found on the creators’ blog, http://museumofdnd.blog.com/, and Jim and Debbie Hunton can be contacted at MuseumofDnD@gmail.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Better Public Speaking Open House
- Falls Library Presents an Emerald Ash Borer Talk
- Grace Lutheran Fish Fry Fundraiser
- Helping Veterans Come Home to Their Hearts
- Community Volunteer Opportunities