Jim and Debbie Hunton, authors and historians of the popular fantasy role-playing game, Dungeons & Dragons, are creating a Museum of Dungeons & Dragons, the first museum dedicated to the game.
Although the museum’s location has not been determined, the creators have chosen four possible destinations: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin; Orlando, Florida; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Seattle, Washington. Supporters of the museum and fans of the game will be invited to determine the final location.
The museum will include displays about the history, trivia, and evolution of the game. In addition, the museum will include a reference library containing the Dungeons & Dragons game in book format. Books will be available for checkout both physically and electronically.
Fans of the game are invited to contribute to planning the museum by participating in an internet survey at http://MuseumOfDnd.blog.com/2012/01/22/Survey.
News about the museum’s creation can be found on the creators’ blog, http://museumofdnd.blog.com/, and Jim and Debbie Hunton can be contacted at MuseumofDnD@gmail.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"