Jim and Debbie Hunton, authors and historians of the popular fantasy role-playing game, Dungeons & Dragons, are creating a Museum of Dungeons & Dragons, the first museum dedicated to the game.
Although the museum’s location has not been determined, the creators have chosen four possible destinations: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin; Orlando, Florida; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Seattle, Washington. Supporters of the museum and fans of the game will be invited to determine the final location.
The museum will include displays about the history, trivia, and evolution of the game. In addition, the museum will include a reference library containing the Dungeons & Dragons game in book format. Books will be available for checkout both physically and electronically.
Fans of the game are invited to contribute to planning the museum by participating in an internet survey at http://MuseumOfDnd.blog.com/2012/01/22/Survey.
News about the museum’s creation can be found on the creators’ blog, http://museumofdnd.blog.com/, and Jim and Debbie Hunton can be contacted at MuseumofDnD@gmail.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Comedy Event to benefit USO & Camp Hometown Heroes
- Player Alumni Resources Announces Second Annual Green Bay Packers Alumni Charity Fishing Tournament & VIP Event to Benefit Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Volunteer Center: Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Trivia Night at Saint Anthony's Parish
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Valentine's Day is Cute, Tobacco...Not so Much
- J&B Construction Provides Tips on Decking Material Selections
- Journey with Jesus, Easter for Kids
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!