Harris Byers, an instructor for the Urban Apiculture Institute, Milwaukee County Cooperative Extension will present this hands-on program on the subject of beekeeping in an urban setting.
*Keeping bees in urban areas increases vegetable production in gardens as well as seed production in native wildflower gardens.
*Keeping gentle European honeybees will dilute the aggressive behavior common in feral honeybee colonies.
DATE/TIME: 6:30 pm - Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - This program is open to the public and presented by the Menomonee River Area Wildones.
LOCATION: Menomonee Falls Public Library
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road - Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- March Movies at the Menomonee Falls Library
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County