Harris Byers, an instructor for the Urban Apiculture Institute, Milwaukee County Cooperative Extension will present this hands-on program on the subject of beekeeping in an urban setting.
*Keeping bees in urban areas increases vegetable production in gardens as well as seed production in native wildflower gardens.
*Keeping gentle European honeybees will dilute the aggressive behavior common in feral honeybee colonies.
DATE/TIME: 6:30 pm - Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - This program is open to the public and presented by the Menomonee River Area Wildones.
LOCATION: Menomonee Falls Public Library
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road - Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas Event at Old Falls Village on December 7
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- The Paper Bag Christmas
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Menomonee Falls High School Students help North Middle School Students Manage their Finances
- Germantown Volleyball Team's Carly Townsend signs with Toledo Rockets
- UFOS AND GOVERNMENT Talk at the Falls Library