Harris Byers, an instructor for the Urban Apiculture Institute, Milwaukee County Cooperative Extension will present this hands-on program on the subject of beekeeping in an urban setting.
*Keeping bees in urban areas increases vegetable production in gardens as well as seed production in native wildflower gardens.
*Keeping gentle European honeybees will dilute the aggressive behavior common in feral honeybee colonies.
DATE/TIME: 6:30 pm - Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - This program is open to the public and presented by the Menomonee River Area Wildones.
LOCATION: Menomonee Falls Public Library
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road - Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words