In April the Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Menomonee Falls travelled to the Mirage Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Despite the studio being open only 2 months local student Lori Rosmann danced in a competition that had over 10,000 entries. In her age category she placed 2nd in the Open Scholarship division. Partnered by studio owner Tim Brooks she went on to receive several medals in various other categories.
The old Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Menomonee Falls closed nearly two years ago and the new location on Main Street is grabbing a lot of attention due to its spacious 6,000sqft location and plush interior.
The studio has co-operated with Non-Profit Organization Citizens Advocate of Washington County to prepare two local dancers to compete in a “dancing with the stars” style event to be held at the Chandelier Ballroom in Hartford, Wi, May 10th.
Please visit http://cawash.org/2013gala-html for tickets or to vote for this good cause or if you are interested in finding out more about Fred Astaire Dance Studios please visit www.fadsmenomoneefalls.com or call 262-251-2000
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Local Residents Participate in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE at Sunset Playhouse
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Biergarten at the Schwabenhof
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Employer Registration Now Open for the Workforce Development Center's Washington/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Good Shepherd Youth Help Central City Parish
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park