The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls will host the Kids’ Catch and Release Fishing Derby on Saturday May 11th, 2013 at the Mill Pond in downtown Menomonee Falls.
The contest is free and is open to all boys and girls age three through 16. Registration for the event will be 9:00 am to 10:00 am at the Mill Pond Shelter. The fishing contest will be 10:00 am to Noon followed immediately by the presentation of trophies and door prizes.
All participants will receive a t-shirt and a chance to win a door prize. Trophies will be awarded to boys and girls in five age divisions for the longest fish and most fish caught during the contest.
Bring your own fishing equipment. A limited supply of bait will be provided. Children under 9 years old must be accompanied by an adult. 16 year olds must have a fishing license. Food will be sold during the event by the Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch.
Sponsors include the Village of Menomonee Falls, RB Enterprises, Pops Frozen Custard, Krueger’s Recreation Center and the Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Better Public Speaking Open House
- Falls Library Presents an Emerald Ash Borer Talk
- Grace Lutheran Fish Fry Fundraiser
- Helping Veterans Come Home to Their Hearts
- Community Volunteer Opportunities