The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls will host the Kids’ Catch and Release Fishing Derby on Saturday May 11th, 2013 at the Mill Pond in downtown Menomonee Falls.
The contest is free and is open to all boys and girls age three through 16. Registration for the event will be 9:00 am to 10:00 am at the Mill Pond Shelter. The fishing contest will be 10:00 am to Noon followed immediately by the presentation of trophies and door prizes.
All participants will receive a t-shirt and a chance to win a door prize. Trophies will be awarded to boys and girls in five age divisions for the longest fish and most fish caught during the contest.
Bring your own fishing equipment. A limited supply of bait will be provided. Children under 9 years old must be accompanied by an adult. 16 year olds must have a fishing license. Food will be sold during the event by the Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch.
Sponsors include the Village of Menomonee Falls, RB Enterprises, Pops Frozen Custard, Krueger’s Recreation Center and the Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County Health Clinic proposal flawed
- McKinley Lodge Fish Fry
- Ashes to Go! Distribution of Ashes by Local Clergy
- Templeton students regional finalists in National History Day
- Local insurance agency wins an award
- GRAMMY® Award-Winning Trumpeter Randy Brecker to Give Free Jazz Clinic with Area High School Students at Cascio, March 24
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Hamilton seniors named scholarship winners
- Synergy Show Choir to perform final concert March 10
- HABC offers Charger spirit wear online