Learn about the Catholic Faith at a Bowling Alley? Most definitely!
Theology-on-Tap is a yearly summer speakers series at local bars and restaurants planned by Young Adults for Young Adults in their 20’s & 30’s, single and married, sponsored by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and local parishes. The five Catholic parishes of Butler (St. Agnes) and Menomonee Falls (St. James, St. Anthony, St. Mary, & Good Shepherd) are proud to sponsor a site at Krueger’s Entertainment Center (N87W1471 Appleton Ave, Menomonee Falls) again for 2013.
All sessions are presented from 7:00 - 9:00 PM and there is no need to preregister. Snacks and drinks are provided - this round is on us. The specific topics this year are:
WEEK ONE: Thursday, July 11
Religious Liberty: What Is At Stake & Why Should Catholics Care? Presented by John Huebscher
This presentation reviews the background to the mandate in the federal Patient Protection Act that Catholic facilities comply with the mandate to provide contraceptive services in health care insurance plans and places the issue in the context of a Catholic understanding of religious freedom.
WEEK TWO: Thursday, July 18
Sharing Faith With Each Other in A Secular World Presented by Michael and Kristin Adsit
Discussion on how the little encounters with people beyond church walls can lead to a discussion about the richness of our faith and perhaps lead people to come back to church.
WEEK THREE: Thursday, July 25
What’s So Great About Being Catholic? Presented by Ben Brzeski
What does it mean to have a Catholic identity? Is it incense? Meatless Fridays? The Pope? Catholic social teaching? This session is a celebration of some hallmarks of Catholicism. In some ways it is my own personal answer to the question, "Why are you Catholic," but it also serves as a tour of, and dialogue about, what makes us Catholic.
WEEK FOUR: Thursday, August 1
A Funny Thing Happened To Me On The Way To Maturity Presented by Fr. Jim Lobacz
The presenter will offer reflections on different revelatory events during his spiritual journey.
There are sites throughout the Archdioceses starting July 8 and lasting through August 1 on Monday through Thursday of each week. It is designed by and for Young Adults wanting to learn more about the Catholic Faith (without needing to visit a Catholic Church – the local bowling alley will be perfect). For details on other sites and topics, please visit:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- February Movies at the Falls Library
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Pancake Breakfast and Silent Auction