Katie Eisenhauer, 2014 Distinguished Young Woman of Menomonee Falls, will be competing for the title of Distinguished Young Woman of Wisconsin on Saturday, August 3, 2013 at the South Milwaukee High Performing Arts Center. Katie is the daughter of Don and Julie Eisenhauer and is entering her senior year at Menomonee Falls High School. Katie was chosen to represent Menomonee Falls at the local program held February 16, 2013. Fourteen other Distinguished Young Women from around the state will compete for the title. Katie will be performing a piano solo for her talent.
Contestants at all levels of Distinguished Young Women are judged on scholastics, interview, talent, self-expression and physical fitness. The winner of the state program will advance to the national competition which will be held June, 2014 in Mobile, Alabama. The Menomonee Falls program is sponsored by The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls. The local program awarded $4550 in scholarships to participants this past year.
For more information on the Distinguished Young Woman of Menomonee Falls Scholarship program contact Cathy Sharkey at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.ajm.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference
- Falls Library Presents a Green Clean Workshop
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Connor Remodeling & Design Wins Three WRA Golds for Second Consecutive Year
- Brady McFarland Headed For State Tournament
- Michael Vernon Graduates From Universal Technical Institute
- Milwaukee/NARI Announces Availability of 2015 Membership Directory
- Waukesha County Community Foundation names new Communications, Marketing and Program Manager
- Mystery Matters with Carole Barrowman
- Too young to steal