The RSVP Seniors and Students program is looking for volunteers ages 55(+) to assist students and teachers in our community. Opportunities include:
Tutoring students in small groups or one-on-one to develop their reading, math and writing skills. Program coordinators and Classroom Teachers provide training to volunteers and commitments can be daily, weekly, or a one-time special event.
Through the Pen Pal program volunteers work from home and exchange monthly letters with a student(s). Through the course of the year, students develop writing skills and dialog provided benefits both students and seniors.
At the end of the year volunteers will be invited to a classroom party to meet their pen pals in person.
If you have the desire, time and commitment to work with young people this is an easy and rewarding way to stay connected to the youth in our community. You may choose a time during the day or after school that is convenient for you. Schedules are planned to accommodate both you and the teacher. Please share these opportunities with family and friends alike as we are always in need of more wonderful volunteers.
If you are interested please contact:
RSVP Seniors and Students Volunteer Coordinator
Riverside Elementary School
W153 N8681 Margaret Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Northshore Physical Therapy Offers Free Pain/Injury Screenings with Humane Society Donations
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive for Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa