The Menomonee Falls Public Library will show two movies based on classic books in September. The movies shown will be in the library’s Meeting/Community Room, right off the main lobby. Admission is free to all, based on the movie’s rating. Details are as follows.
Tuesday, at September 17 at 2:15pm and Thursday, September 19 at 6:15pm: THE GREAT GATSBY (2013). Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, and Tobey Maguire. Based on F. Scott Fitzgerald’s book, a Midwesterner in Long Island is caught up with his rich new neighbor, his cousin, and the slick 1920’s Jazz Age lifestyle. Directed by Baz Luhrmann. Rated PG-13, 142 minutes.
Tuesday, September 17 at 6:15pm and Thursday, September 19 at 2:15pm:
SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (1995) Starring Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Hugh Grant, and Alan Rickman. This rich romance is based on the Jane Austen classic. When their thief father dies, the Dashwood family has to take a step down in society and find that makes it difficult to find love. Directed by Ang Lee. Rated PG, 136 minutes.
For more information, check the library’s website home.mf.lib.wi.us or call Karen at 262-532-8912. Menomonee Falls Public Library, W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road, Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Antiques Appraisal Event
- Christmas for a Cause Holiday Shoppe
- I/O Technologies Relocates to Accommodate Continued Business Growth, New Staff
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Optimist Club Fall Clean Up
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- Prohibition Movie and Program at the Falls Library