October 8, 2013 - 6:30pm
Interactions Between Plants and Insects
Dr. Gretchen Meyer
Plants and insects are linked in many ways. Plants with colorful flowers often rely on insects for pollination, but plants also must contend with the numerous insects trying to eat them.
In the case of carnivorous plants, plants have turned the tables on insects and can trap and consume them! In this presentation, Gretchen will cover these links between plants and insects, including pollination, herbivory and carnivorous plants, focusing on plants of Wisconsin.
Guests are always welcome at our events.
Menomonee Falls Public Library
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
For more information contact 414-881-4017
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk With A Wheaton Doc" – Saturday, April 26, 2014
- Homestead's Jerrod Walton selected as the top high school senior to play in the 2014 WBCA All Star Game.
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Milwaukee music group recognizes Hamilton teacher
- Unique Trombone and Civil War Groups in Concert this Sunday
- Club plans April 24 Cousins Subs fundraiser
- United for Libraries to present Public Service Award to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)
- WOW Workforce Development Board Receives State Performance Award
- Falls Library Presents PUTTING YOUR ANCESTORS ON THE MAP
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22