October 8, 2013 - 6:30pm
Interactions Between Plants and Insects
Dr. Gretchen Meyer
Plants and insects are linked in many ways. Plants with colorful flowers often rely on insects for pollination, but plants also must contend with the numerous insects trying to eat them.
In the case of carnivorous plants, plants have turned the tables on insects and can trap and consume them! In this presentation, Gretchen will cover these links between plants and insects, including pollination, herbivory and carnivorous plants, focusing on plants of Wisconsin.
Guests are always welcome at our events.
Menomonee Falls Public Library
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
For more information contact 414-881-4017
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"