October 8, 2013 - 6:30pm
Interactions Between Plants and Insects
Dr. Gretchen Meyer
Plants and insects are linked in many ways. Plants with colorful flowers often rely on insects for pollination, but plants also must contend with the numerous insects trying to eat them.
In the case of carnivorous plants, plants have turned the tables on insects and can trap and consume them! In this presentation, Gretchen will cover these links between plants and insects, including pollination, herbivory and carnivorous plants, focusing on plants of Wisconsin.
Guests are always welcome at our events.
Menomonee Falls Public Library
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
For more information contact 414-881-4017
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Daylily Society of SE WI/daylily sale
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help