Menomonee Falls Taxpayers Association’s statement on Tuesday’s vote by the County Board to move forward with a County run Healthcare facility.
For those of you who are busy working, getting your kids to school and trying to keep up with the housework and your own health insurance payments, there is a movement by the Waukesha County government to open their own healthcare facility that would exclusively treat county employees. Janel Brandtjen voiced her concerns on the Mark Belling show Monday and has since issued a statement. She believes that the government should not get into the business of healthcare and we believe she is absolutely correct. She offered a resolution at Tuesday’s board meeting to remove an initial $243,000.00 expenditure for the project. The project hasn’t even been approved yet. Her resolution was defeated 17 to 7.
17 County Supervisors think it is a good idea for the county to get into the business of healthcare.
Educated and successful people make up Waukesha County and vote overwhelmingly conservative. Tuesday’s vote by the county board giving the go-ahead with a county owned healthcare facility demonstrates the needs for a countywide watchdog group. A Waukesha County taxpayer group would help to insure that our locally elected officials are representing our values. Menomonee Falls is fortunate to have principled people like Janel Brandtjen and Jennifer Grant representing our interests on the county board. Obviously we need more board members like them. We hope that the vote Tuesday night will inspire concerned citizens around the County to run for a seat on the board next April.
We were also disappointed with comments made by our County Executive Dan Vrakas on the Mark Belling show Monday. Instead of welcoming opposing opinions and an honest debate on the subject, Vrakas decided to take a cheap shot at conservatives across the county that stick up for their values. He has become a shrill for the ruling establishment and a champion of big government.
The Menomonee Falls Taxpayers Association is dedicated to the conservative principles of smaller government, individual responsibility and personal freedom. We will be recruiting, training and assisting like-minded candidates for local office in the upcoming spring elections. For more information please contact us at email@example.com.
The Menomonee Falls Taxpayers Association Executive board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"