Newly formed “Waukesha County Taxpayer’s Association” recruiting County Board candidates:
For more information Bill Savage -(414) 218 - 0959
A group of concerned citizens have recently formed a conservative watchdog group called the “Waukesha County Taxpayer’s Association (WCTP). The group first mission will be to address the disconnect between the Waukesha County voters who are generally very conservative and the County government which has in recent years “strayed” from those conservative values.
The group has asked Bill Savage to step in as its Executive Director to help get the group off the ground and headed in the right direction. Bill Savage has also worked with the Hartford Area Taxpayer’s Association and helped to found the Menomonee Falls Taxpayer’s Association. Both groups have been successful in recruiting and electing conservatives in the spring election cycle.
“The fact of the matter is that people simply don’t pay a lot of attention to the spring elections,” Savage said, “there is no party affiliation and unless there is a watchdog group to provide accurate information people do not know who shares their values and who doesn’t. Generally the media dedicates their resources to larger and more visible races leaving the local voter to simply guess who the conservative is. Taxpayer groups like this one have been extremely successful in filling that void. An endorsement from our group will let voters know who is looking out for them and who is not. We take campaign promises seriously and hold elected officials to them.” Savage noted.
“The need for a County wide group has become more apparent during the past County budget process. The budget contained money for a County owned Healthcare facility and a provision to provide extra funding to the museum. The County owns numerous golf courses that are losing money every year and the County continues to take land off the tax rolls for green purposes when the fact of the matter is government already owns 5.7 million acres of land in Wisconsin. The County has tens of millions of dollars in ”reserve funds” and the county board voted to keep the money in lieu of giving it back to the people it belongs to, the taxpayer’s of Waukesha County.” Savage said. “Who’s looking out for who? Savage continued.
Those citizens interested in joining the group or becoming a candidate should visit MFtax.org or contact Bill Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 218-0959.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words