The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls plans to celebrate and commemorate 40 years of service to the Menomonee Falls community and the kids within our community. The dinner reception and program “The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls 40th Gala Celebration” will be held on Saturday January 25th at 5:00 pm at the Radisson Hotel and Banquet center on Main Street in Menomonee Falls. Current members and former members who may be interested in attending this event are encouraged to contact Sue Jeskewitz at 262-251-9595.
The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls, celebrating 40 years of “Bringing out the Best in Kids”, offers many opportunities for the youth of the community to be recognized for the good things they do such as the Student of the Month, John Weaver Do The Right Thing, and college scholarships. Students also have opportunities to volunteer for the community through Senior Leaf Raking, Adopt a Highway, Drop and Shop. The club offers opportunities for youth to develop skills through speech and essay contests, Distinguished Young Women, and sports contests.
Club members get involved in "Fun" fundraising at the popcorn wagon, golf outing, Packer raffle, poker tournament, trivia contest and many more events.
All that "Fun" fundraising gives our club the opportunity to give donations to any organization that helps to fulfill our mission of "Bringing out the Best in Kids."
Since starting the scholarship award program in 1982, we have given out $153,000 in academic awards to 149 local high school students!
Hundreds of thousands of dollars have been given to Jr. Miss winners, summer band camp attendees, Boys and Girls State attendees, Dolphinettes, Little League and many more youth organizations. Our donation helped build a diamond at the Little League complex named "Optimist Field."
“Personally, joining this club 5 years ago was without doubt the best decision I made as I have made so many friendships and can truly call this club my family.” said Dawn Mariscal, Optimist member.
Join us at a meeting!
The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls meets every Wednesday morning at 7:15 a.m. in room 102 of the Menomonee Falls Community Center, N8645 Margaret Road; also a night meeting every quarter at various local establishments. For more information, please call membership chair, Cathy Sharkey, 262.844.1538.
Hope to see you soon to help make a difference in the lives of kids in our community. Help us “Bring out the Best in Kids”.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class
- Lynn's Wisconsin Garden Receives Over 1,000,000 Views
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference