The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls is pleased to announce the availability of nine scholarships for graduating seniors from Menomonee Falls High School and/or residents of Menomonee Falls graduating from other high schools. Six $2000 and three $1000 scholarships will be awarded. Applicants must have served in a voluntary capacity to be eligible for an Optimist Scholarship.
Applications and information regarding the essay requirement may be found on the school website at www.sdmf.k12.wi.us/mfhs. Click on Student Services on home page, and then Local Scholarships. Make sure to print the special form for the Optimist Club.
Completed applications and supporting documentation must be returned to the MFHS auditorium by 3pm on Thursday, March 20, 2014.
For more information about the scholarships, please call Cathy Hazzard, 255-8700.
Last year the Optimist Club awarded $13,000 in scholarships. The motto of the Optimist Club is “Friend of Youth” and “Bringing out the Best in Kids”. Many community events are sponsored by the Optimist club such as the Independence Day Parade, Fishing Derby, Adopt A Highway, Leaf Raking for Senior Citizens, and many more.
Some of the youth projects the club sponsors are Post Prom, Distinguished Young Woman, Student of the Month, Tri Star Baseball, Tri Star Basketball and many scholarship opportunities.
The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls meets every Wednesday morning at 7:15 in room 102 of the Menomonee Falls Community Center, N8645 Margaret Road.
- GSC & SOLIDWORKS Partner With The EAA to Deliver SOLIDWORKS to Members
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1