In its second competitive season, Hamilton High School’s Synergy Show Choir invites the community to see strides it has made this season. Its last show of the year begins at 7 p.m. March 10 in the Hamilton Fine Arts Center. The Concert Choir and A Cappella Choir will also perform along with various solos and small ensembles showcasing music of their upcoming Solo and Ensemble competition. Admission to the concert is free, and all are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
Synergy’s music comes from several popular music artists and consists of “Live While We’re Young,” “Unwritten,” “Fix You,” “Livin’ on a Prayer” and “Edge of Glory.” The show choir put its competitive set together in July with choreographers Jordan Kalis and Tony Cortez. Since then, students have been working to clean choreography, perfect vocals and energize the show – with great success.
• Synergy competed in January at Burlington High School’s “Chocolate City Showcase,” taking first place in the Class A Division.
• Two weeks later, they competed at Milton High School’s “Choralation Invitation,” bringing home a second place trophy in Class A and the Spirit Award, given to the group with the most enthusiasm, positivity, energy and excitement in the audience. Freshman Gabrielle Lockwood was awarded best female soloist from a field of more 50 students. She received a scholarship worth more than $800 for the Show Choir Camps of America.
• Its final competition was Feb. 22 at Brodhead High School’s “In the Spotlight” Showcase. Synergy again brought home a second place trophy, and gave its best performance of the season.
“It’s been a great year,” Hamilton Choir Director Marilyn Mascitti said. “We had some bumps along the way, but I was impressed with how the group developed over the year and stepped up to the challenges faced in competition. It makes me excited to see where we’re headed next year.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Peter Mayer Concert in November
- Film Screening: Merchants of Doubt
- Monster Run Movie and Pumpkin Lighting
- Wixon Adds Renee Santy, Food Scientist
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- HYMNS TRIUMPHANT, to be held October 17th at Holy Cross
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Consumers Name Foti Chiropractic “Top Choice” for Chiropractic Care
- The Purple Giraffe, new children’s boutique, coming to Oconomowoc on October 15, 2015
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School To Present Fall Play, “Speak up. Stand up.” October 15-18