Menomonee Falls Police Department to host Coffee with a Cop on April 15, 2014
Program offers opportunity to meet local officers, discuss community issues
On April 15, 2014 officers from the Menomonee Falls Police Department and community members will come together in an informal, neutral space to discuss community issues, build relationships, and drink coffee.
All community members are invited to attend. The event will be from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on April 15, 2014 at Ally’s Bistro, N72 W13350 Lund Lane Menomonee Falls, WI 53051.
Coffee with a Cop provides a unique opportunity for community members to ask questions and learn more about the department’s work in Menomonee Falls’ neighborhoods.
The majority of contacts law enforcement has with the public happen during emergencies, or emotional situations. Those situations are not always the most effective times for relationship building with the community and some community members may feel that officers are unapproachable on the street. Coffee with a Cop breaks down barriers and allows for a relaxed, one-on-one interaction.
“We hope that community members will feel comfortable to ask questions, bring concerns, or simply get to know our officers,” said Menomonee Falls Police Chief Anna Ruzinski. “These interactions are the foundation of community partnerships.”
Coffee with a Cop is a national initiative supported by The United States Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services. Similar events are being held across the county, as local police departments strive to make lasting connections with the communities they serve.
The program aims to advance the practice of community policing through improving relationships between police officers and community members one cup of coffee at a time.
Should you have any questions, please contact Assistant Chief of Police Mark Waters at 262-532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car collectors wanted!
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- 1Collision County Line and Germantown Poms Host Fundraiser for Griebel Family
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Germantown Jr. Warhawks Take Richfield Summer Classic Tournament U-08 Championship
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces
- Reich Tool and Design supports fundraising for the 150 Mile Scenic Tour for Leukemia and Lymphoma Research