Menomonee Falls Police Department to host Coffee with a Cop on April 15, 2014
Program offers opportunity to meet local officers, discuss community issues
On April 15, 2014 officers from the Menomonee Falls Police Department and community members will come together in an informal, neutral space to discuss community issues, build relationships, and drink coffee.
All community members are invited to attend. The event will be from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on April 15, 2014 at Ally’s Bistro, N72 W13350 Lund Lane Menomonee Falls, WI 53051.
Coffee with a Cop provides a unique opportunity for community members to ask questions and learn more about the department’s work in Menomonee Falls’ neighborhoods.
The majority of contacts law enforcement has with the public happen during emergencies, or emotional situations. Those situations are not always the most effective times for relationship building with the community and some community members may feel that officers are unapproachable on the street. Coffee with a Cop breaks down barriers and allows for a relaxed, one-on-one interaction.
“We hope that community members will feel comfortable to ask questions, bring concerns, or simply get to know our officers,” said Menomonee Falls Police Chief Anna Ruzinski. “These interactions are the foundation of community partnerships.”
Coffee with a Cop is a national initiative supported by The United States Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services. Similar events are being held across the county, as local police departments strive to make lasting connections with the communities they serve.
The program aims to advance the practice of community policing through improving relationships between police officers and community members one cup of coffee at a time.
Should you have any questions, please contact Assistant Chief of Police Mark Waters at 262-532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Named to 100 Top Hospitals List
- Katie Wilson, Mequon Resident and Homestead Senior to represent the USA in the 2015 FIS Junior World Snowboard Championships in China
- March Movies at the Menomonee Falls Library
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse