FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Additional Information Contact:
Mary Makowski, Manager of Volunteer Engagement
United Way in Waukesha County
United Way Connects the Community to Volunteer Opportunities
(April 16, 2014)—United Way in Waukesha County would like to invite volunteers to the following volunteer opportunities:
Meal Delivery Drivers – Waukesha County
Going the “extra mile” always has its rewards. The ADRC has an urgent need for home delivered meal drivers in the following locations: Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, Mukwonago, Oconomowoc, Sussex and Waukesha. Help out weekdays from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm. Individuals, couples, friends and neighbors can do this together. Training and mileage reimbursement is provided.
Blue Jean Bingo Volunteers - Pewaukee
Blue Jean Bingo is a fun and entertaining event that benefits the National Alliance on Mental Illness of Waukesha County. This event consists of a licensed bingo event with cash prizes, all you can eat fish fry buffet, and large silent auction. NAMI Waukesha is in need of volunteers to assist with registration, helping spot people calling bingo during the event, as well as to assist with the silent auction check-out process. Volunteers are needed from 4:45 pm-9:30 pm
“Fill the Bus” Coordinator – Waukesha
Do you want to help a child succeed in school? Then join the Backpack Coalition, Inc. in the effort to supply children with the tools they need to get the most out of their education! We are looking for a volunteer who can commit to 15-20 hours between March-August. This person should be organized with attention to detail, have great communication skills, have the ability to take and give direction, and have the ability to work independently.
General Custodian – Waukesha
Help with general cleaning duties at HOPE CENTER office. Volunteers can choose to come in once a week for 4 hours, during our office hours Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. While one time help is much appreciated we are looking for volunteers who can commit to a weekly, monthly, and/or regular schedule.
Park Maintenance Projects – Waukesha County
The Waukesha County Park System has volunteer opportunities for various groups and organizations that would like to volunteer in the parks. Past projects include wood chipping trails, invasive species removal, painting picnic tables or trail markers, litter pick ups, etc. We prefer weekday availability between 8am to 4:30 pm, but are willing to try and accommodate groups on weekends and evenings as well. We can accommodate groups from 2 up to 100 people and can find a project that meets the needs of your group.
For more information on United Way in Waukesha County, call (262) 547-8459 or visit www.UnitedWayWaukesha.org/volunteer or www.VolunteerWaukesha.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Converters and Packaging Suppliers Invited to Attend the Label & Package Printing Industry Day, June 25, in Milwaukee
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.