2014 Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls Kids Fishing Contest
The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls will host the 2014 Kids Catch and Release Fishing Derby on Saturday May 10th, 2014 at the Mill Pond in downtown Menomonee Falls.
The contest is free and is open to all boys and girls ages three through 16 who reside or attend school in the Menomonee Falls area. All participants will receive a t-shirt and a chance to win a door prize.
Trophies will be awarded to boys and girls in five age divisions for the longest fish and most fish caught during the contest.
Registration for the event will be from 9:00 am to 10:00 am at the Mill Pond Shelter. The fishing contest will be from 10:00 am to Noon, followed immediately by the presentation of trophies and door prizes.
Bring your own fishing equipment. A limited supply of bait will be provided.
Children under 9 years old must be accompanied by an adult. 16 year olds must have a fishing license.
Food will be sold during the event by the Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch. Sponsors include the Menomonee Falls Police Department, the Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch, the Village of Menomonee Falls, RB Enterprises, Pops Frozen Custard, Krueger’s Recreation Center and the Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words