2014 Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls Kids Fishing Contest
The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls will host the 2014 Kids Catch and Release Fishing Derby on Saturday May 10th, 2014 at the Mill Pond in downtown Menomonee Falls.
The contest is free and is open to all boys and girls ages three through 16 who reside or attend school in the Menomonee Falls area. All participants will receive a t-shirt and a chance to win a door prize.
Trophies will be awarded to boys and girls in five age divisions for the longest fish and most fish caught during the contest.
Registration for the event will be from 9:00 am to 10:00 am at the Mill Pond Shelter. The fishing contest will be from 10:00 am to Noon, followed immediately by the presentation of trophies and door prizes.
Bring your own fishing equipment. A limited supply of bait will be provided.
Children under 9 years old must be accompanied by an adult. 16 year olds must have a fishing license.
Food will be sold during the event by the Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch. Sponsors include the Menomonee Falls Police Department, the Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch, the Village of Menomonee Falls, RB Enterprises, Pops Frozen Custard, Krueger’s Recreation Center and the Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ike Bites at Purloin Studio
- Hiring Begins for Rogers Memorial Hospital–Brown Deer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- Greendale Students Meet Senator Lazich
- Graphics Systems Corp. Announces Engineer 3D! Training + Technology Conference
- Fiddleheads & Wild Birds Unlimitd sponsor art fair
- Save the Date for Cedarburg Art Fair on March 7th, 10-4
- High Tea at the Cedarburg Art Museum