The Healing Space, a Menomonee Falls wellness center,is offering Laughter Yoga training in Peace Yoga studio on Sunday, June 1st from 9-3. This class will offer participants the skills and techniques to lead Laughter Yoga groups.
Laughter Yoga offers such health benefits as less hypertension, increased immunity, decreased anxiety and depression and an over all sense of well being.
Laughter Yoga is bring used in health care settings, schools, mental health centers and businesses. It is not traditional yoga with poses, but involves using diaphragmatic breathing and fun exercises and laughter.
The human body loves laughter and most people find that like traditional exercise, we feel better after we have been laughing. One interesting laughter fact; if a person laughs for a sustained 15 minutes it has the same effect on our abs as doing 100 sit-ups.
The cost for this training is $100 and includes lunch, snacks, all materials and a certificate signed by Elizabeth Boeck LCSW, the trainer and founder Dr. Madan Kateria. Elizabeth was trained at the Satchanondada Ashram in Virginia.
Groups of three or more will receive a 10% discount and groups of five or more, 15% discount.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Big Comedy Event to benefit USO & Camp Hometown Heroes
- Player Alumni Resources Announces Second Annual Green Bay Packers Alumni Charity Fishing Tournament & VIP Event to Benefit Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Volunteer Center: Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Trivia Night at Saint Anthony's Parish
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Valentine's Day is Cute, Tobacco...Not so Much
- J&B Construction Provides Tips on Decking Material Selections
- Journey with Jesus, Easter for Kids
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!