The Healing Space, a Menomonee Falls wellness center,is offering Laughter Yoga training in Peace Yoga studio on Sunday, June 1st from 9-3. This class will offer participants the skills and techniques to lead Laughter Yoga groups.
Laughter Yoga offers such health benefits as less hypertension, increased immunity, decreased anxiety and depression and an over all sense of well being.
Laughter Yoga is bring used in health care settings, schools, mental health centers and businesses. It is not traditional yoga with poses, but involves using diaphragmatic breathing and fun exercises and laughter.
The human body loves laughter and most people find that like traditional exercise, we feel better after we have been laughing. One interesting laughter fact; if a person laughs for a sustained 15 minutes it has the same effect on our abs as doing 100 sit-ups.
The cost for this training is $100 and includes lunch, snacks, all materials and a certificate signed by Elizabeth Boeck LCSW, the trainer and founder Dr. Madan Kateria. Elizabeth was trained at the Satchanondada Ashram in Virginia.
Groups of three or more will receive a 10% discount and groups of five or more, 15% discount.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Family Sundays: Dia de los Muertos
- Optimist Club Fall Clean Up
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- Prohibition Movie and Program at the Falls Library
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Hamilton National Honor Society to sponsor blood drive
- Hamilton announces September students of the month
- Exhibit Systems Adds Veteran Trade Show Designer, Builder to Project Construction Team