Wisconsin Writers Association
A Writer Resource Since 1948
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 4, 2014
Contact: Dave Rank 262-717-5154
Novelist, journalist John DeDakis to speak at Cedar Valley Center
WEST BEND, Wis. – Acclaimed thriller writer and TV journalist John DeDakis will share his writing secrets in an informative presentation, “Creating Order from Chaos: Stay Organized Writing Your Novel,” which will be held at 7 p.m., Wednesday, May 21 at the Cedar Valley Center & Spa northwest of West Bend.
In response to requests, DeDakis’ presentation and two events the following Thursday afternoon are now open for public participation. These informative presentations are part of the six-day Novel-In-Progress Bookcamp that begins Sunday May 18 and runs to Saturday, May 24, a unique workshop for writers of all genres to focus on their individual works-in-progress guided by an experienced staff of published novelists, editors, and literary agents.
To get a taste of what the Bookcamp offers, the public is invited to these specific events:
– John DeDakis PowerPoint presentation, “Creating Order from Chaos: Stay Organized Writing Your Novel,” 7 p.m., Wednesday, May 21. $35 reservation; $45 at the door.
– Guest Speaker Cherie Burbach, freelance author, columnist, poet, on building a writing career, 1 p.m., Thursday, May 22, and
– Panel Discussion and Q&A on “Today’s Blossoming Publishing Market: Traditional Agent/Publisher, Small Publisher, Self-Publishing, Opportunities on the Internet,” 2 p.m., Thursday, May 22. Featuring panelists John DeDakis, mystery novelist SJ Rozan, editor Philip Martin, novelist Lisa Lickel, and Cherie Burbach. $35 reservation to attend both Burbach presentation and panel discussion; $45 at the door. Noon Lunch, $10 reservation; $15 at the door.
– Package deal: Includes Wednesday Night DeDakis Presentation, Thursday Breakfast & Lunch, Thursday Burbach Presentation & Staff Panel Discussion/Q&A = $170. Cedar Valley Center & Spa is located at 5349 Highway D in northwest Washington County.
Co-sponsored by the Wisconsin Writers Association and the Chicago Writers Association, the Novel-In-Progress Bookcamp provides hands-on advice and one-on-one guidance for writers developing or polishing a book-length manuscript in any genre. The N-I-P Bookcamp receives additional support from Creative Co-Sponsor Diana Schramer, Write Way copyediting LLC.
For information, application details, reservations: Dave Rank, N-I-P Bookcamp Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 262-717-5154, www.novelbookcamp.com, www.facebook.com/NIPBookcamp
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class
- Lynn's Wisconsin Garden Receives Over 1,000,000 Views
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference