Contact: Ginny Bocek
Phone: 262-548-7803 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: May 6, 2014
Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Spring Sale
Waukesha, WI – Retzer Nature Center, located at S14 W28167 Madison Street, in Waukesha, will be holding their annual Spring Plant Sale on Saturday, May 10 from 9 a.m. until noon, hosted by the Waukesha County Department of Parks and Land Use. A free home composting workshop will be held during the sale at Retzer Nature Center at 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. where you will get the chance to learn how to create your own compost, how to use it and the top 10 reasons to compost.
Landscaping with native plants is good for the environment, wildlife and your wallet. Find the perfect native plant and grasses for your garden with varieties including Prairie Blazing Star, New England Aster, Wild Lupine, Wild Geranium, Butterfly-weed, and many more, all that range in price from $4 to $20. Also, purchase a rain barrel and a compost bin to add to your already environmentally friendly garden; compost bins are $50 and rain barrels with diverter kits starting at $60. Varieties of bird seed will also be available at great sale prices.
Retzer Nature Center staff members will be available to answer questions on natural landscaping, identifying plant samples, and provide the basics about home composting and using rain barrels. All products are in limited quantities and are for sale on a first come, first serve basis. Cash or check payment is preferred, but Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted. A fee is not required for entrance into Retzer Nature Center and all are welcome to attend.
Retzer Nature Center is a part of the Waukesha County Park System, which is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, call 262-896-8007 or visit our web site at waukeshacountyparks.com and like Retzer Nature Center on Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- March Movies at the Menomonee Falls Library
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- Local Resident Participates in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County