Contact: Ginny Bocek
Phone: 262-548-7803 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Date: May 6, 2014
Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Spring Sale
Waukesha, WI – Retzer Nature Center, located at S14 W28167 Madison Street, in Waukesha, will be holding their annual Spring Plant Sale on Saturday, May 10 from 9 a.m. until noon, hosted by the Waukesha County Department of Parks and Land Use. A free home composting workshop will be held during the sale at Retzer Nature Center at 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. where you will get the chance to learn how to create your own compost, how to use it and the top 10 reasons to compost.
Landscaping with native plants is good for the environment, wildlife and your wallet. Find the perfect native plant and grasses for your garden with varieties including Prairie Blazing Star, New England Aster, Wild Lupine, Wild Geranium, Butterfly-weed, and many more, all that range in price from $4 to $20. Also, purchase a rain barrel and a compost bin to add to your already environmentally friendly garden; compost bins are $50 and rain barrels with diverter kits starting at $60. Varieties of bird seed will also be available at great sale prices.
Retzer Nature Center staff members will be available to answer questions on natural landscaping, identifying plant samples, and provide the basics about home composting and using rain barrels. All products are in limited quantities and are for sale on a first come, first serve basis. Cash or check payment is preferred, but Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted. A fee is not required for entrance into Retzer Nature Center and all are welcome to attend.
Retzer Nature Center is a part of the Waukesha County Park System, which is a natural resource based park system that demonstrates stewardship while providing recreational and educational opportunities. For more information, call 262-896-8007 or visit our web site at waukeshacountyparks.com and like Retzer Nature Center on Facebook.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities
- Appalachian Story Teller Jessica Michna at the Falls Library
- A Parent’s Guide to Prom Flowers
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”
- Walk MS Menomonee Falls is this Saturday!
- Kersti Niebruegge author of The Zonderling
- Some of the finest one of a kind Jewelry can be found at Purloin Studio