On June 12, 2014 officers from the Menomonee Falls Police Department and community members will come together in an informal, neutral space to discuss community issues, build relationships, and drink coffee.
All community members are invited to attend. The event will be from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on June 12, 2014 at Nino's Italian Bakery & Deli N88 W16683 Main St, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051.
Coffee with a Cop provides a unique opportunity for community members to ask questions and learn more about the department’s work in Menomonee Falls’ neighborhoods.
The majority of contacts law enforcement has with the public happen during emergencies, or emotional situations. Those situations are not always the most effective times for relationship building with the community and some community members may feel that officers are unapproachable on the street. Coffee with a Cop breaks down barriers and allows for a relaxed, one-on-one interaction.
“We hope that community members will feel comfortable to ask questions, bring concerns, or simply get to know our officers,” said Menomonee Falls Police Chief Anna Ruzinski. “These interactions are the foundation of community partnerships.”
Coffee with a Cop is a national initiative supported by The United States Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services. Similar events are being held across the county, as local police departments strive to make lasting connections with the communities they serve.
The program aims to advance the practice of community policing through improving relationships between police officers and community members one cup of coffee at a time.
Should you have any questions, please contact Assistant Chief of Police Mark Waters or Officer Andy Martin at 262-532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- Friends of the Library Book Sale
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Better Public Speaking Open House
- Falls Library Presents an Emerald Ash Borer Talk
- Grace Lutheran Fish Fry Fundraiser
- Helping Veterans Come Home to Their Hearts
- Community Volunteer Opportunities