A Special Fund Raiser is being held on Saturday, September 6, 2014 from Noon-3:00 PM at Trysting Place Pub, N71W12980 Appleton Avenue, Menomnee Falls. Admission for adults is $20, children ages 5-12 $10 and children under 5 are free. There will be music provided by Buddy Love, Bubbles the Clown will face paint, there will be a 50-50 raffle, bake sale, gift raffle, twist contest, hula hoop contest and much more. All are welcomed!
Ava Rose Gehrung is a sweet 9 year old girl from the town of Erin. Her parents, Brian and Nancy Gehrung, adopted her from China just over 3 years ago. Many people know Brian from the Menomonee Falls Post Office. Soon after bringing her home, it was discovered that Ava had a stroke at birth that destroyed 75% of the left side of her brain. As a result of the stroke, Ava has weakness along the right side of her body (mostly in her arms and legs), speech difficulties, cognitive delays, sensory processing issues and uncontrolled seizures. She receives physical, occupational and speech therapies on a weekly basis. Currently, her family's biggest worry is getting her seizures under control. To do this, there are 2 options, invasive and risky brain surgery that would result in Ava loosing part of her vision or taking Ava to a state where CBD Oil is legal and accessible to pediatric patients.
To volunteer or make a donation, contact Bob & Gloria Jean Siegel-Howe at 262-253-0397 or you can send donations to Bob & Gloria Jean Siegel-Howe at P.O. Box 125, Menomonee Falls, WI 53052-0125. Make checks payable to: Brian Gehrund/Friends of Ava.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Winter Warm-Up!
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- County Executive Candidate requests support onFeb.17
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"
- Free Financial Counseling Sessions Being Offered By The Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015.
- Free Financial Literacy Workshops Being Offered by the Waukesha-Ozaukee-Washington Workforce Development Board Through March 2015