A Milwaukee Premier
A Tale of Two Cities
A Charles Dickens’ Classic
Performed at Eastbrook Church
5385 N Green Bay Ave
September 19, 20, 25, 26, 27 at 7:30 pm and 21 & 28 at 2:00 pm
Almost 80 years ago, the famed actor Sir Arthur John Gielgud (1904-2000) and playwright Sir Terence Rattigan (1911-1977) wrote this stage adaptation of A Tale of Two Cities, but it was never staged until last year in a theater in England. Morning Star Productions is the first group to air this play in the Milwaukee area.
“This adaptation marries three of the finest artists in their own fields that England has ever known: Dickens the master story-teller, Rattigan the great playwright and Gielgud the mercurial actor.” (samuelfrench-london.co.uk)
The play brings Charles Dickens’ magnificent story of revolution and redemption to life with simplicity and power. It’s about a man who embarks on a stunning and perilous scheme during the French Revolution to redeem an innocent man from the guillotine.
Morning Star Productions is a semi-professional, non-profit theater. Our casts include professional actors from the Milwaukee area. We produce three plays a year in the theater space at Eastbrook Church in Milwaukee
To order tickets, or for more information, visit morningstarproductions.org
or call 414.228.5220, Ext. 385.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert Hospital Foundation Names Board Chair
- Like talking about books? We have the book club for you!
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Winter Warm-Up!
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon
- Community Canine Health Clinic
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- County Executive Candidate requests support onFeb.17
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"