What began as a hobby for Clark Johnson in the early 1950s and opened as a successful business by Wayne Johnson in 1959, has blossomed into an industry leader over the years and continues to grow under the guidance of Wayne’s sons, Scott and Chad Johnson. Three generations of Johnsons and five decades of hard work have resulted in Johnson’s Nursery, located in Menomonee Falls, becoming one of Wisconsin’s largest suppliers to the landscaping trade and a destination retail center for gardening enthusiasts who appreciate quality, selection, hard-to-find and locally grown plants.
Throughout 2009, the company will celebrate its 50th Anniversary with special events, sales, and promotions with the highlight being the giveaway of a $20,000 Extreme Landscape Makeover. A customized plan will be created by one of the nursery’s landscape designers to include trees, shrubs, evergreens, perennials and numerous other options—all installed by Johnson’s professional crew. Maintenance will also be included.
“We’re ‘50 Years and Growing’ because of our customers and clients” said Johnson, “and the giveaway is a thank you and the work will be a tribute to them.”
A registration packet, outlining the application process, can be picked up in person at W180 N6275 Marcy Road or downloaded on-line at www.johnsonsnursery.com Contestants have until June 30, 2009 to submit their materials for approval.
Semi-finalists will be announced Saturday, July 18 during a 50TH Anniversary Open House with the winner being notified one week later on Saturday, July 25. Plans call for the project to be completed late summer or early fall.
Johnson’s Nursery is located at W180 N6275 Marcy Road in Menomonee Falls.
Johnson’s Nursery grows the majority of its plants in Jackson, Wisconsin on approximately 500 acres. When plants are ready to be harvested, they are dug from the ground and transported to the nursery in Menomonee Falls where they can be stored and maintained indefinitely in the holding yard until planted in a landscape. Johnson’s large demonstration gardens allow customers to stroll through and experience the beauty with all their senses while at the same time visualizing how their own landscape might appear. Its staff is comprised of award-winning landscape architects and designers, degreed horticulturists, and experienced professionals.
Johnson’s Nursery is located at W180 N6275 Marcy Road in Menomonee Falls. [Silver Spring Drive to Marcy. North on Marcy across the railroad tracks. Nursery is on the left.]
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Johnson’s Nursery at email@example.com or visit www.johnsonsnursery.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words