The Menomonee Falls Public Library will host a workshop entitled Using Technology for Genealogy presented by genealogist Jane Orne on Wednesday, May 13 at 7 PM. Ms. Orne will discuss websites offering free access to records, books, and other information of genealogical importance, such as the Milwaukee Archdiocese records, as well as resources available at the Family History Center in Hales Corners. The program will be held in the Meeting Room and will run about 2 hours in length. Registration is limited and can be done by phoning 262-532-8920. The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Menomonee Falls Public Library.
Ms. Orne is the director of the Family History Center, where one-on-one help in genealogical research is available to the public, and she also oversees the Kenosha and Elkhorn history centers. She has done genealogy research since the 1970s, including taking courses at Brigham Young University in Salt Lake City.
For more information, call 262-532-8920. or -8912.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tim O’Brien Homes Goes for The Green at 2014 Parade Of Homes
- Ninth Annual GMAC Golf Outing Tees Off Aug. 15, Benefiting Two Charities
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Rummage 4 Rambo
- Free Flower Show at State Fair Park
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler