The Menomonee Falls Public Library will host a workshop entitled Using Technology for Genealogy presented by genealogist Jane Orne on Wednesday, May 13 at 7 PM. Ms. Orne will discuss websites offering free access to records, books, and other information of genealogical importance, such as the Milwaukee Archdiocese records, as well as resources available at the Family History Center in Hales Corners. The program will be held in the Meeting Room and will run about 2 hours in length. Registration is limited and can be done by phoning 262-532-8920. The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Menomonee Falls Public Library.
Ms. Orne is the director of the Family History Center, where one-on-one help in genealogical research is available to the public, and she also oversees the Kenosha and Elkhorn history centers. She has done genealogy research since the 1970s, including taking courses at Brigham Young University in Salt Lake City.
For more information, call 262-532-8920. or -8912.
- The 17th Annual Menomonee Falls Civil War Event includes the Ice Cream Social on July 16-17, 2016 at Old Falls Village.
- Antique and Classic Car Show to be Held at LindenGrove
- J&B Construction Keeps Homes Safe in Recognition of National Safety Month
- Archery For Women
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary