The Menomonee Falls Public Library will host a workshop entitled Using Technology for Genealogy presented by genealogist Jane Orne on Wednesday, May 13 at 7 PM. Ms. Orne will discuss websites offering free access to records, books, and other information of genealogical importance, such as the Milwaukee Archdiocese records, as well as resources available at the Family History Center in Hales Corners. The program will be held in the Meeting Room and will run about 2 hours in length. Registration is limited and can be done by phoning 262-532-8920. The program is sponsored by the Friends of the Menomonee Falls Public Library.
Ms. Orne is the director of the Family History Center, where one-on-one help in genealogical research is available to the public, and she also oversees the Kenosha and Elkhorn history centers. She has done genealogy research since the 1970s, including taking courses at Brigham Young University in Salt Lake City.
For more information, call 262-532-8920. or -8912.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- MS Summit is March 7
- "Blue Men and River Monsters"
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class
- Lynn's Wisconsin Garden Receives Over 1,000,000 Views
- Therapy Volunteer needed at the Lutheran Home
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference