Drew Hietpas of Menomonee Falls, Wis., was one of 203 students to receive a doctor of medicine degree from The Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee at its 96th annual commencement exercises, May 15, at The Milwaukee Theater.
Dr. Hietpas is the son of Keith and Kelly Hietpas of Menomonee Falls, Wis. He received his bachelor of science degree from The University of Wisconsin—La Crosse, in biomedical sciences, in 2003. Following graduation, he will begin an internal medicine residency at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn.
While in medical school, Dr. Hietpas received The Keelan-Tresch Award for Scholarship in Cardiovascular Medicine presented to a senior student who has embraced the humanitarian ideals of the profession, and has demonstrated an exceptional interest and expertise in cardiovascular medicine.
Founded in 1893 and located in Milwaukee, The Medical College is Wisconsin's only private medical school. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in The College’s Medical School and The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. It is also the largest private research institution in Wisconsin, conducting $134 million annually in funded research. The Medical College’s more than 1,100 faculty physicians supervise approximately 850 physicians in graduate medical residency and fellowship programs, and care for over 350,000 patients annually.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22
- Foti Chiropractic Launches Encore Campaign for Make-A-Wish Wisconsin
- The Allegro Eminence Dance Center is Now Open!
- Hamilton student experiences government program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Hamilton Band Boosters host Annual Spring Tasting
- Don’t Forget the Flowers During Administrative Professionals Week!
- Big Spring Book Sale Set for Falls Library
- Hamilton drama to present “Charlotte’s Web”
- Discover the Flora of Menomonee Park May 13