Drew Hietpas of Menomonee Falls, Wis., was one of 203 students to receive a doctor of medicine degree from The Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee at its 96th annual commencement exercises, May 15, at The Milwaukee Theater.
Dr. Hietpas is the son of Keith and Kelly Hietpas of Menomonee Falls, Wis. He received his bachelor of science degree from The University of Wisconsin—La Crosse, in biomedical sciences, in 2003. Following graduation, he will begin an internal medicine residency at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn.
While in medical school, Dr. Hietpas received The Keelan-Tresch Award for Scholarship in Cardiovascular Medicine presented to a senior student who has embraced the humanitarian ideals of the profession, and has demonstrated an exceptional interest and expertise in cardiovascular medicine.
Founded in 1893 and located in Milwaukee, The Medical College is Wisconsin's only private medical school. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in The College’s Medical School and The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. It is also the largest private research institution in Wisconsin, conducting $134 million annually in funded research. The Medical College’s more than 1,100 faculty physicians supervise approximately 850 physicians in graduate medical residency and fellowship programs, and care for over 350,000 patients annually.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- February Movies at the Falls Library
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Pancake Breakfast and Silent Auction
- Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation accepting grant applications