Drew Hietpas of Menomonee Falls, Wis., was one of 203 students to receive a doctor of medicine degree from The Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee at its 96th annual commencement exercises, May 15, at The Milwaukee Theater.
Dr. Hietpas is the son of Keith and Kelly Hietpas of Menomonee Falls, Wis. He received his bachelor of science degree from The University of Wisconsin—La Crosse, in biomedical sciences, in 2003. Following graduation, he will begin an internal medicine residency at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn.
While in medical school, Dr. Hietpas received The Keelan-Tresch Award for Scholarship in Cardiovascular Medicine presented to a senior student who has embraced the humanitarian ideals of the profession, and has demonstrated an exceptional interest and expertise in cardiovascular medicine.
Founded in 1893 and located in Milwaukee, The Medical College is Wisconsin's only private medical school. More than 1,200 students are enrolled in The College’s Medical School and The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. It is also the largest private research institution in Wisconsin, conducting $134 million annually in funded research. The Medical College’s more than 1,100 faculty physicians supervise approximately 850 physicians in graduate medical residency and fellowship programs, and care for over 350,000 patients annually.
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- St. Mary School Celebrates 100 years!
- Heat and Art
- Wauwatosa West Class of 2001 Reunion
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Richfield Art at the Mill
- The Flying Electrons Airfest 2016