The Froedtert Hospital Foundation recently awarded The Donald J. Schuenke Cancer Fellowship to Ben George, M.D. Fellowships are established by donors at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. George graduated and completed his Medical Doctorate in Kerala, India, in 1998. Dr. George completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in 2007 and was a Hematology-Oncology Fellow there from 2007 through this year.
The Donald J. Schuenke Cancer Fellowship is a full-time appointment at the Department of Medicine, Division of Neoplastic Diseases. This fellowship honors the memory of Donald J. Schuenke who served as chairman of the board of directors of the Froedtert Hospital Foundation from 1993 through 2002. He also served concurrently as vice chairman of Froedtert Hospital Board of Directors and on the Board of Trustees of The Medical College of Wisconsin. A cancer patient himself, Mr. Schuenke devoted considerable energy to building the Froedtert & Medical College team into a world-class entity capable of contributing significantly to the eradication of cancer.
About Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin combine the strengths of Froedtert Hospital and The Medical College in an academic medical center that delivers advanced medical care. Froedtert & The Medical College are nationally recognized for exceptional physicians, research leadership, specialty expertise and state-of-the-science treatments and technology. For more information, visit froedtert.com and mcw.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Advises Travelers to Take Precautions Against Bed Bugs this Spring Travel Season
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA Local professional group secures prominent Latina celebrity for upcoming fundraiser
- Try out field hockey with LIFT!
- SkySlam Madness Takes the Court
- Sole Sister's Vendor EXPO!