The Froedtert Hospital Foundation recently awarded The Donald J. Schuenke Cancer Fellowship to Ben George, M.D. Fellowships are established by donors at Froedtert Hospital.
Dr. George graduated and completed his Medical Doctorate in Kerala, India, in 1998. Dr. George completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in 2007 and was a Hematology-Oncology Fellow there from 2007 through this year.
The Donald J. Schuenke Cancer Fellowship is a full-time appointment at the Department of Medicine, Division of Neoplastic Diseases. This fellowship honors the memory of Donald J. Schuenke who served as chairman of the board of directors of the Froedtert Hospital Foundation from 1993 through 2002. He also served concurrently as vice chairman of Froedtert Hospital Board of Directors and on the Board of Trustees of The Medical College of Wisconsin. A cancer patient himself, Mr. Schuenke devoted considerable energy to building the Froedtert & Medical College team into a world-class entity capable of contributing significantly to the eradication of cancer.
About Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin combine the strengths of Froedtert Hospital and The Medical College in an academic medical center that delivers advanced medical care. Froedtert & The Medical College are nationally recognized for exceptional physicians, research leadership, specialty expertise and state-of-the-science treatments and technology. For more information, visit froedtert.com and mcw.edu.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Just Between Friends Consignment Sale Coming To Ozaukee County
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities
- Appalachian Story Teller Jessica Michna at the Falls Library
- A Parent’s Guide to Prom Flowers
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School presents “Man of La Mancha”