Menomonee Falls High School
On November 19 through November 22 the 4077 MASH unit comes to the Menomonee Falls High School Auditorium.
Before it was a tame-though-cutesy television sitcom that ran forever , M*A*S*H was a brilliant and bitingly satirical anti-war film by Robert Altman. Before that, it was a controversial and bitingly satirical novel by Richard Hooker. In between the novel and the film, though, came a vapid stage comedy by Tim Kelly, one that used all of the colorful characters.
They're all there: Hawkeye, Hot Lips, Frank Burns, Radar, Father Mulcahy, and Colonel Blake. There are a few others that carried over from the novel and the movie that didn't make the cut into the sitcom, such as Hawkeye's original sidekick Duke, Korean houseboy Ho-Jon, too-sexy-for-his-fatigues Ugly, football great and ringer Spearchucker Jones, and temporary Head Nurse McCarthy. Cutups Hawkeye and Duke are foisted on an unsuspecting Blake and proceed to make the M*A*S*H 4077 effective in the surgery and an insane asylum around the camp itself with their practical jokes and anti-Army attitudes.
Under the direction of Ms. Zaupa and Ms. Klaus, the Menomonee Falls High School Theater Department has been working hard to bring this production to life. Show times are 7:30 pm on November 19th, 20th, 21st and 1:30 pm on November 22nd. Tickets are $6 and can be purchased at the door. For more information you can call Dawn Mariscal at (262)442-4952.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Klotz One of Four Finalists for the Gagliardi Trophy
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Celebrate the Holiday Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Hamilton announces November students of the month
- Freshman Seminar collects, wraps gifts for adopted family
- Milwaukee Festival Brass
- Hear Ye, Hear Ye, The Bells are Ringing!
- Encourage your kids to become involved in extracurriculars
- Northshore Physical Therapy Offers Free Pain/Injury Screenings with Humane Society Donations
- Community invited to holiday concert