The Menomonee Falls Community Education & Recreation Department is offering several after school programs for students in elementary school. The great thing about the classes is that they are located conveniently at each of the 4 elementary schools located within the Menomonee Falls School District, and are held immediately after school.
Partnership with Mad Science of Waukesha County
From Decoding messages to metal detectors and might vision, children will have the opportunity to check out spy equipment and even create their own edible message! Children will use the Secret Code Breaker to communicate stealthily, like a real spy, and will use Undercover Observer to observe hidden objects. These tools will provide a complete undercover kit for children to take home. Classes begin January 25.
Theme Based Spanish
Partnership with Futura Language Professionals
Join our funny puppet friends, Dani and Beto on a series of animal-focused adventures! Along with their parrot friend and their biologist cousin Marta, they will blaze new trails to a pet store, a family farm, the zoo, the ocean, and even the rainforest! Students will learn animal-related vocabulary, catch glimpses of some special animals who call Latin America their home, and the practical and cultural importance of these animals. Lessons will be taught through the use of songs, games and crafts. Classes begin February 4.
Partnership with CheckMates Chess Academy
We invite your children to join us in our exploration of the world of chess. We will study chess tactics while playing many chess related games. Students of all levels will be challenged and receive prizes along their journey! The Rise in Rank program guides children through strategies in chess with workbooks and online support. Classes begin February 1.
Disney Pixar Drawing
Partnership with Promising Picassos
Students will be illustrating some of their favorite characters from movies like Monsters INC., Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo and more, while using cartooning techniques that may have been used in Disney Pixar movies. Markers, crayons and colored pencils will be used. Classes begin February 1
For additional information call (262) 255-8460, or to register visit www.fallsrec.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- February Movies at the Falls Library
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Pancake Breakfast and Silent Auction
- Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation accepting grant applications