The Menomonee Falls Community Education & Recreation Department is offering several after school programs for students in elementary school. The great thing about the classes is that they are located conveniently at each of the 4 elementary schools located within the Menomonee Falls School District, and are held immediately after school.
Partnership with Mad Science of Waukesha County
From Decoding messages to metal detectors and might vision, children will have the opportunity to check out spy equipment and even create their own edible message! Children will use the Secret Code Breaker to communicate stealthily, like a real spy, and will use Undercover Observer to observe hidden objects. These tools will provide a complete undercover kit for children to take home. Classes begin January 25.
Theme Based Spanish
Partnership with Futura Language Professionals
Join our funny puppet friends, Dani and Beto on a series of animal-focused adventures! Along with their parrot friend and their biologist cousin Marta, they will blaze new trails to a pet store, a family farm, the zoo, the ocean, and even the rainforest! Students will learn animal-related vocabulary, catch glimpses of some special animals who call Latin America their home, and the practical and cultural importance of these animals. Lessons will be taught through the use of songs, games and crafts. Classes begin February 4.
Partnership with CheckMates Chess Academy
We invite your children to join us in our exploration of the world of chess. We will study chess tactics while playing many chess related games. Students of all levels will be challenged and receive prizes along their journey! The Rise in Rank program guides children through strategies in chess with workbooks and online support. Classes begin February 1.
Disney Pixar Drawing
Partnership with Promising Picassos
Students will be illustrating some of their favorite characters from movies like Monsters INC., Toy Story, Cars, Finding Nemo and more, while using cartooning techniques that may have been used in Disney Pixar movies. Markers, crayons and colored pencils will be used. Classes begin February 1
For additional information call (262) 255-8460, or to register visit www.fallsrec.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Mortara Hires Margaret Mucha
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Explains How to Make an Old Home Shine
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Becomes a “Sweat Angel” for Charity
- Habitat for Humanity Selects Flat Rate Home Services to Assist in New Project
- Mom's Concussion Clinic to focus on safe sports play techniques and injury prevention
- Falls teen granted Wish for 4-wheeling fun
- Richfield Art at the Mill