Dean E. Klinger, M.D., has been appointed associate professor of surgery at The Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Klinger practices in the general surgery clinic at Community Memorial Medical Commons in Menomonee Falls and serves on the medical staff at Community Memorial Hospital.
Board certified in surgery, his clinical practice includes general and vascular surgery, with a particular interest in operations for renal failure dialysis access.
Prior to coming to the Medical College, Dr. Klinger was a member of Southeast Surgical for 21 years. He has also served as chairman of the department of surgery at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center. He holds teaching appointments at Marquette University, where he is clinical associate professor in the department of physician assistant studies, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he is assistant clinical professor of family practice. From 1986-1992, he served as assistant clinical professor of surgery at the Medical College.
Dr. Klinger has been listed among Milwaukee’s top surgeons three times by Milwaukee Magazine. He is past president of the Milwaukee Academy of Surgery and prior counselor for the Wisconsin Chapter of the American College of Surgeons and the Wisconsin Surgical Society.
A 1980 alumnus of the Medical College, Dr. Klinger received residency training in general surgery at the Medical College Affiliated Hospitals from 1980-1986, serving as chief resident in 1986. He received a bachelor of science degree in molecular biology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1976.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Hamilton students selected for Honors Band Festival
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- St. Mary School eighth grade students Delve Deeper Into Underwater Exploration at Discovery World
- Cornerstone Community Bank Hosting Cash Drive for Menomonee Falls Area Food Pantry
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Kids from Wisconsin 2014 Audtions