Oak Creek, WI –April 9, 2010 Continuing its tradition of investing in the community it serves, Guardian Credit Union held a Job Readiness Seminar at its Oak Creek branch on March 31, 2010.
The Job Readiness Seminar provided an informational session for members interested in sharpening their career skills and improving the effectiveness of their job search. Local experts presented on the topics of resume review, interview preparation, networking and effective career searching. This seminar was a part of Guardian Credit Union’s ongoing member education program, which also includes home buying and financial education seminars.
“In a time when many people are searching for employment, the Job Readiness Seminar seemed like a natural fit for our member education program,” said Steve Wesson, President and CEO at Guardian Credit Union. “As a credit union, we strive to help our members in any way that we can. We’re very optimistic that they’ll be able to take the skills they’ve gained from this seminar and apply them toward a successful job search.”
Guardian Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member owned financial cooperative open to anyone living or working in Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha counties. Family members are also eligible for membership, regardless of where they live. For more information on Guardian Credit Union membership, contact the member service line at 414.546.7450 or visit guardiancu.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Local Residents Participate in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE at Sunset Playhouse
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Biergarten at the Schwabenhof
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Employer Registration Now Open for the Workforce Development Center's Washington/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Good Shepherd Youth Help Central City Parish
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park