The Waukesha Rotary Club has announced the entertainment line-up for the 2010 Waukesha BluesFest. Musical performers include 14 national, regional and local acts.The Tommy Castro Band, San Francisco-based blues/funk kings are the featured headliners for Friday night, August 13. Chris Duarte Group, featuring the guitar slinger from Atlanta, Georgia will headline the Saturday line-up on August 14, 2010.
The entertainment line-up for Friday and Saturday night does not stop with these highly acclaimed musicians. On Friday, Duke Tumatoe & The Power Trio will perform at 7:30 pm. Friday’s line-up also includes performances by Andrew Gelles Band, South End Blues Band, Keith Weisling Group, Maple Road and Matt Tyner.
On Saturday, additional performances include Shane Dwight. Samuel James,will perform at 6pm. Also on Saturday’s bill are Alex Wilson, The Danny Miller Band, The Delta Jets (who in addition to their stage performance will play throughout the afternoon in the audience between sets) and Serious Trouble.
Waukesha BluesFest, “An American Music and Art Festival”, is in its fourth year and is held at Naga-Waukee Park in Delafield, 1/2 mile north of I-94 on STH 83. Gates will open at 12:30 pm both days, and live music acts will perform from 1 pm to 10:30 pm.
In addition to the musical acts, Waukesha BluesFest will feature an exceptional selection of food from popular local restaurants, a full selection of beverages and an Art Show featuring regional and locally known artists.
Major sponsors include the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel / JSOnline, the Waukesha law firm of Cramer, Multhauf & Hammes, LLP, and Clear Channel Outdoor.
Admission prices will remain the same once again this year. In advance a single-day pass will cost $15 and a two-day pass will cost $27 through August 12, 2010. At the gate admission will be $19 for a single-day pass and $34 for a two-day pass. Special rates are also available for groups of 10 or more. Parking and taxes are included with the admission price. Tickets are on sale on-line at www.waukeshabluesfest.com. Tickets are also available by mail and at a number of local area businesses. Proceeds from the event will be distributed by the Waukesha Rotary Club Charitable Fund to local charities and civic projects.
For additional information on the event visit www.waukeshabluesfest.com, email email@example.com, or call 1-800-366-1961.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words