The Falls Angels girls U12 softball team continued their hot start in Metro Milwaukee Fastpitch League play with a series of games over the last week.
On June 17th the Angels swept a doubleheader from the Whitnall Falcons by scores of 15-1 and 9-7.
In the first game, Leah Badke and Michelle Butler pitched an outstanding game, combining for a 2 hitter with 5 strikeouts. The hitting was lead by Justine Ertl who went 2 for 3 with 4 RBIs and Erica Schad who was 2 for 3 with 3 RBIs.
In the nightcap, Karly Vigani and Kelly Berglund combined for 5 strikeouts, with Karly also going 2 for 3 with 2 RBIs. Leah Badke was a perfect 3 for 3 and knocked in 4 runs.
On June 21st, the Angels knocked off the defending NSA Wisconsin State Champion Waukesha Firebirds in a pitcher’s duel, 3-2. Leah Badke went 2 for 3 with 2 RBIs and was also the winning pitcher. Justine Ertl led the hitting attack by going 2 for 3. The second game of the doubleheader was canceled due to rain.
The Angels are currently 4-1 in league play.
The U12 Angels host the Greenfield Ignitors on Monday June 28th at Oakwood Park in Menomonee Falls. The doubleheader begins at 6:30 pm.
The U16 Angels team also hosts a doubleheader the same night at Oakwood Park against the Midwest Pride – Red.
The Falls Angels is a select softball program for girls 8 to 17 years old in the Menomonee Falls area.
We are actively looking for coaches and girls ages 8 to 10 years old to fill our empty U10 roster for next year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- February Movies at the Falls Library
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Pancake Breakfast and Silent Auction
- Greater Menomonee Falls Foundation accepting grant applications