The Falls Angels girls U12 softball team continued their hot start in Metro Milwaukee Fastpitch League play with a series of games over the last week.
On June 17th the Angels swept a doubleheader from the Whitnall Falcons by scores of 15-1 and 9-7.
In the first game, Leah Badke and Michelle Butler pitched an outstanding game, combining for a 2 hitter with 5 strikeouts. The hitting was lead by Justine Ertl who went 2 for 3 with 4 RBIs and Erica Schad who was 2 for 3 with 3 RBIs.
In the nightcap, Karly Vigani and Kelly Berglund combined for 5 strikeouts, with Karly also going 2 for 3 with 2 RBIs. Leah Badke was a perfect 3 for 3 and knocked in 4 runs.
On June 21st, the Angels knocked off the defending NSA Wisconsin State Champion Waukesha Firebirds in a pitcher’s duel, 3-2. Leah Badke went 2 for 3 with 2 RBIs and was also the winning pitcher. Justine Ertl led the hitting attack by going 2 for 3. The second game of the doubleheader was canceled due to rain.
The Angels are currently 4-1 in league play.
The U12 Angels host the Greenfield Ignitors on Monday June 28th at Oakwood Park in Menomonee Falls. The doubleheader begins at 6:30 pm.
The U16 Angels team also hosts a doubleheader the same night at Oakwood Park against the Midwest Pride – Red.
The Falls Angels is a select softball program for girls 8 to 17 years old in the Menomonee Falls area.
We are actively looking for coaches and girls ages 8 to 10 years old to fill our empty U10 roster for next year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Local Residents Participate in THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE at Sunset Playhouse
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Germantown American Legion Fundraiser
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Biergarten at the Schwabenhof
- Graphics Systems Corp. Expands Executive Team with Manufacturing Industry Veteran
- Employer Registration Now Open for the Workforce Development Center's Washington/Ozaukee Job Fair
- Good Shepherd Youth Help Central City Parish
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held on September 26th at Greenfield Park