Rebecca Leda, 2011 Menomonee Falls’ Junior Miss, will be competing for the title of Distinguished Young Woman of Wisconsin, formerly Wisconsin’s Junior Miss, on Saturday, August 7, 2010 at South Milwaukee High School. Rebecca is the daughter of Craig and Tracy Leda and is entering her senior year at Menomonee Falls High School. Rebecca was chosen to represent Menomonee Falls at the local program held February 20, 2010. Twelve other Junior Misses from around the state will compete for the title. Rebecca will be performing a floor gymnastics routine for the talent competition.
In order to emphasize their mission to encourage education by providing scholarship opportunities to outstanding, college bound high school girls and to encourage personal development in all young people, the national board of directors of America’s Junior Miss has changed the name of the program to Distinguished Young Women of America. Contestants at all levels of Distinguished Young Women are judged on scholastics, interview, talent, self-expression and physical fitness. The winner of the state program will advance to the national competition which will be held June, 2010 in Mobile, Alabama. The Menomonee Falls program is sponsored by The Optimist Club of Menomonee Falls.
For more information on the Menomonee Falls Junior Miss Scholarship Program contact Cathy Sharkey at 262-844-1538 or www.ajm.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Succeeding in Business with Passion, Purpose and Persistence
- Russ Darrow Group Delivers Rav4 to Local Veteran
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Hamilton announces April students of the month
- Act FAST in cases of stroke
- FREE Organic Lawn Care Workshops This Saturday
- Introduce a New Member Into Your Family & Culture This Summer By Hosting a Student From Spain
- FREE Elmbrook Memorial "Walk with a Wheaton Doc"
- Medical College of Wisconsin Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you