Be Herd! State's best bovine bellowers to compete at Moo-la-palooza at the Wisconsin State Fair
Cousins Subs today invited the public to take on Wisconsin’s master moo-ers at Moo-la-palooza, the world famous mooing contest at the Wisconsin State Fair. Moo-la-palooza will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 11, at the Cousins Subs Amphitheater. The grand champion moo-er will win $1,000, a year’s worth of free Cousins Subs, the coveted cow print jacket and the prestigious golden cowbell trophy.
Moo-la-palooza is the final stop on the 2010 Moo Tour, in which Moo Master Sean Cundy and the Cousins Subs Moo Team visited Appleton, Madison, Green Bay, Jefferson, Fond du Lac, West Bend and Racine in search of the state’s top moo talent. Moo Tour finalists from throughout Wisconsin are expected to take the microphone at Moo-la-palooza, and walk-up contestants are invited and encouraged. Registration begins at noon – contestants must be 5 years of age or older and up to 75 people will be allowed to moo. There is no cost to enter, and Cousins will donate $20 per moo to the Wisconsin 4-H Youth Foundation.
“We had so much fun on this year’s Moo Tour, and we’re excited to see who comes to the Moo-la-palooza big stage to take the Grand Champion title from last year’s winner,” said Cundy. “I’m shocked at where people find the sounds to channel their inner cows. I think fair-goers will definitely get their moo-lah’s worth at Moo-la-palooza.”
Cousins Subs will also debut the latest and greatest State Fair food-on-a-stick sensation – Deep-Fried Cheese Steak on a Stick. The new State Fair delicacy will feature a tasty bread dough stuffed with steak, sautéed onions and cheese, then deep fried and served piping hot with a tangy, special-recipe dipping sauce. The cost for this latest fair delicacy is $3 or $5.50 for two.
For more information on Moo-la-palooza, visit www.cousinssubs.com/moo or www.facebook.com/cousinssubs. You can also follow the Moo Tour on www.twitter.com/CousinsSubsMoo.
About Cousins Subs
Cousins Subs, based in Menomonee Falls in suburban Milwaukee, is a restaurant specializing in East Coast-style submarine sandwiches made with the finest ingredients served on a variety of freshly baked breads, along with salads, soups, chips and soft drinks. The tradition of Cousins Subs started in 1972, when two transplanted cousins from Atlantic City saw the need for an East Coast-style sub shop in their new hometown. They patterned their subs after the hoagie, grinder, hero and sub sandwiches they enjoyed back East and with a dedication to delivering quality subs at fair prices, they opened their first restaurant. From the start, the two used bread baked fresh every morning and insisted on using only the finest, freshest ingredients. For more information, visit www.cousinssubs.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Johnson Bank Volunteers at Mequon Nature Preserve
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Cousins Subs awards $5,000 scholarship to Claire Monzel of Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Curative Care Network Awarded Renewed Three-Year CARF Accreditation
- Kohl’s Art Generation Family Sundays: Play on Words