I am a member of the Wisconsin GrandSons of Liberty, one of over 65 recently formed grassroots organizations in the state.
On Friday evening, March 5, we will be holding a town hall style meeting to discuss health care and to have a meet and greet for 2010 candidates. The meeting will start at 6:00 p.m. at the Village Bowl, N86W18330 Main Street in Menomonee Falls.
We want to inform people about Senate Joint Resolution (LRB-3861/3), a proposed amendment to the Wisconsin State Constitution. This amendment is intended to preserve Wisconsin citizens' right to free choice in private healthcare, without taking anything away from any existing programs. Our speakers are Dr. David Stein, M.D. and Tim Dake, a founding member of our group.
Following the health care discussion, you are invited to stay and meet with candidates for the 2010 election. We have invited many candidates from all parties for the races of Governor, Lt. Governor, U.S. Senate, U.S. Congress, State Senate, and State Assembly (see the flyer on our website for a list).
We are not endorsing any candidates, but encourage you to come and meet them.
For more information about our group or the amendment, please see our website at www.wisconsingrandsonsofliberty.com.
John Von Haden
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Calling All Military Veterans
- K9 Obedience Training Club Open House
- Fundraiser for Walk MS Menomonee Falls at Uno Chicago Grill
- Habitat Restoration at Three Sites of the Urban Ecology Center in Milwaukee
- Local Eagle Scout Gives Report to the Governor
- Distinguished Young Women Program
- History of Sussex Discussed at Menomonee Falls Historical Society Annual Meeting
- Oscar Nominated Movies at the Falls Library
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Winter Warm-Up!
- Youth Service Club Starting in Menomonee Falls