Do you have the invasive species Garlic Mustard in your yard? Now is one of the best times to hand pull or cut plants in your yard. Neighbors adjacent to the Lime Kiln Natural Area in Menomonee Falls are particularly urged to be aware and take action. Follow through, and be vigilant! Excellent information about eradicating Garlic Mustard can be found at http://dnr.wi.gov/invasives/fact/garlic.htm.
The Friends of Lime Kiln Park Natural Area is a grassroots organization of advocates who support the Village management plan for the Lime Kiln Park Natural Area (LKPNA). One of our main objectives in the park area is to stop the growth of invasive plants which are diminishing native plant diversity, threatening the long-term ecological health of this natural area. Garlic Mustard is one of the main offenders, and it is very likely growing on your property, too.
Cedarburg Science, a group of project ecologists, has been contracted by our Village to weed out LKPNA. They are in the fourth year of implementation of the official five year Management Plan to aid in the restoration and preservation of this unique area of our village.
Your support and positive action by weeding the Garlic Mustard and other noxious plants properly from your own backyard is appreciated. Questions? Contact Lynn at (262) 252-3418 or go to www.limeklinpark.org.
- Breastfeeding Safely While Taking Medication for Anxiety and Depression
- County Health Clinic proposal flawed
- Spring has Sprung! Tips for Pest Prevention (Indoors & Out) During Spring Cleaning
- American Cancer Society Cancer Prevention Study-3
- Helping Menomonee Falls Seniors Regain Their Spark
- Menomonee Falls Soldier Selected For All American Bowl Soldier Heroes
- How about a Green Christmas - save money and resources
- Fall Home & Remodeling Show Announces Advance Tickets Availability
- Cashel Dennehy Irish Dancers Win Four National Championships
- The Lovely Bones is May Book Club and Special Film Showing at Falls Library